Top 10 Most Burning Back Pain & Sciatica Questions
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness, soreness or an ache – it’s very common to think that it’s probably nothing and it will just go away. Or, you may say to yourself “I must have slept wrong” or maybe it’s some stiffness that you feel is “normal” for someone your age…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it seems to be happening more frequently!
If that’s happening to you, you’re like most people. It’s what we hear all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see at Focus Physical Therapy in Rancho Santa Margarita.
And when it comes to living with back pain, there’s one thing that everybody wants to know…
“Why Am I Getting It?”…
“Why Has It Not Gone Away Even Though It Has Already Been 3 Months (or Maybe Longer)”
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s “Normal” and if you just give it time, it will go away on it’s own.
They feel they will just wake up one day and it will have vanished, as if they had never had it… But then 3 months later you’re still dealing with back pain – and it is likely worse than when it first began.
Does That Sound Like You?
Something else we often see in our Physical Therapy practice is when clients go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to “just rest” and gives them muscle relaxers or pain pills and “see what happens”.
But this advice is not usually the best and it is common for many of these people to still be in pain several weeks later.
Many return to the Doctor who frequently ends up giving them another prescription for even stronger medication and instructed to rest LONGER. This isn’t right and explains why so many people are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Has This Happened To You?
So, why is it that back pain can last longer than it should? This can be a very confusing question, because we are told many different things, by different people. The problem is that not all of it is credible.
You may think your back pain and sciatica were caused because you “moved the wrong way” or lifted something that was too heavy – but more often than not it is caused by years of sitting with poor posture. This results in some muscles getting too tight and others getting weak. This may be the root cause of why you felt it lifting something or moving the wrong.
Back pain can be very confusing and that is why so many people end up just living with it and chalking it up to it being “normal” and every gets it when they are my age.
Is That How You Feel?
If You’re Currently Suffering With Back Pain, Here’s a Few More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You keep thinking it will just go away on it’s own – but it hasn’t.
- Your Doctor told you to rest and take pain medication – but they did nothing to help your back, and once they wore off the Back pain returned.
- You were told that Back pain is “Normal” as you get older, and you should just except it, because everyone gets it.
- You tried another Physical Therapist, Chiropractor or Health Practitioner, but nothing they did or recommended help.
- You tried “Dr. Google” for exercises to help your back, but they didn’t do a thing or worse yet they increased your Back pain.
- You thought that getting massage would get rid of the pain, but it only felt good for a little while and didn’t fix the problem.
- You took the advice that resting it was a good idea, but this only made you stiffer.
If any of these sounds like what happened to you – we would love to help you out. I invite you to speak with one of our Back Pain expert Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy in Rancho Santa Margarita. Learn what can be done to help you. If you have tried some of these things and they didn’t work, it may not be a bad thing because by ruling out what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding out what will!Arrange to speak with our Physical Therapist
“What Do I Need To Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain, Fast?”…
Here are a few things you can do:
- First off all, you need to decide about getting help. Many people put it off way too long, thinking it will just go away if I give it enough time. Months later they are still dealing with it, nothings changed or may have even gotten worse.
- Do the RIGHT exercises – not all exercises are created equal. The best exercise for one cause of back pain, is the one exercises that will greatly increase the pain for another. Knowing what the right exercise for the cause of your back pain is key. Proper exercises given to you be a Physical Therapist will decrease your pain, improve your mobility and ensure that your pain does not return anytime soon. Also worth noting, they will not increase your pain like some other exercises can do.
- Minimize sitting and avoid long periods of rest – one of the worst things you can do is to stop moving for long periods of time. You know how you feel when you first get out of bed in the morning or after a long car ride – you have a hard time moving because you are so stiff and tight. Too much inactivity makes your back stiff and tight. What would be really helpful is if you had the correct strengthening exercises for improved posture and flexibility, combined with hands-on treatment, to get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “Hands-On” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low-back pain and the sooner one gets help the faster they get back to normal, doing the things that matter to them. At Focus Physical Therapy Back Pain and Sciatica are one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your life, your work, your family time – if it makes you feel less capable or confident – Physical Therapy can help you get back to living life your way, quickly.
If you would like to know how the Back Pain Specialist Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy in Rancho Santa Margarita can help ease your Back pain – we invite you to start with a completely free Discovery Session, with no-obligation, at our practice:Apply for a Free Discovery Session
Note: This Free Discovery Session is something that we offer to people who are not sure if Physical Therapy is right for them – they don’t know what to expect, how long it will take or unsure of how it will benefit them. If that sounds like you, please start with a free Discovery Session so we can find the true cause of your pain and let you know what can be done about it – without any financial risk at all.
So The Question Is:
“How Will Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain – In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We are able to quickly eliminate the pain and stiffness – usually within a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out the real reason why you are having Back pain once and for all – frequently inside 30 minutes
- Pain can make it difficult to sleep – taking away your energy – we can help you get a good night’s rest which will make you more energetic
- We will make sure that you have the correct exercises for your problem, so your problem will be corrected and you will heal properly
- We can help you stop taking all of that medication that is not good for your health
- We can help you avoid risk spinal surgery – and dangerous injections
- We can help you stay away for the Doctor, from making repeated visits only to be given more medication!
- We can help you get back to spending time with your family and friends like you want to do
- We can help you to get a good night’s sleep without having to find that one perfect position
- We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-out”…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life your way with confidence.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at Focus Physical Therapy, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear From Happy Clients of Focus Physical Therapy”
Please enjoy reading of other people just like you who came to see our expert Physical Therapist Team at Focus Physical Therapy - and soon left much healthier and happier:
“I believe my posture has improved since I have had the PT. I can stand for longer periods of time and maintain good posture. The PT has also reduced the pain I have had in my back considerably. I have been able to cut down on OTC and prescription medication as a result of massage and exercises I have been given. For my shoulder, again the pain I had has been reduced considerably. The exercises I was given have helped as has the manipulation and massage.”
- Jerrie Steinhauer
When I first came to Focus Physical Therapy – I could barely walk due to severe back and sciatica pain. After doing the exercises and working with Julian, I am now on track to ensure I know the steps to prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you!
- Galen Grillo
"Focus PT helped my back pain tremendously. I could not bend backwards at all and felt radiating pain down my left leg from pretty much anything. Daniel and Julian helped release the pain and my back pain is pretty much gone. The stretches and massages helped drastically. I appreciate all the help and would definitely recommend Focus PT."
- Jackie Novida