6 Steps to Save Your Shoulder
How To Ease Daily, Irritating and Frustrating Shoulder Pain Naturally – Without Pills, Injections or Surgery...
When it comes to living with Shoulder Pain, everybody we see wants to know:
“Why am I having it?…
“Why has it not gone away even though it has been 3 months (sometimes even longer)?…
Most people think that when they get Shoulder Pain, it’s “Normal” and if you just give it time, it will go away on its own.
They feel they will just wake up one day and it will have vanished, as if they had never had it… But then 3 months later you’re still dealing with the same annoying shoulder pain – and it may be even worse than when it first began.
Could This Be You?
Something else we often see in our Physical Therapy practice is when clients go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to “just rest” or “don’t move it if it hurts”. They give them muscle relaxers or pain pills and “see what happens”.
But this advice is not usually the best and it is common for many of these people to still be in pain several weeks later. Many return to the Doctor who frequently ends up giving them another prescription for even stronger medication, may refer them to a surgeon and instructs to rest LONGER. This isn’t right and explains why so many people are suffering with chronic Shoulder pain.
Could This Have Happened To You?
It can be confusing because you may have heard different things from different people. It could be that you think you have a shoulder problem – but it is actually your neck that’s causing the problem? It can be a tricky part of the body to identify the true cause of the problem, because there are so many contributing parts. This often time results in people putting off deciding what they should do to take care of the problem that is causing their Shoulder Pain. Even worse, there are many people that just end up living with it – thinking that it is just the way it’s going to be.
Does This Sound Familiar?
If You’re Currently Suffering With Shoulder Pain, Here are Some More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than We Would Expect:
- You keep thinking that it will just go away – but it hasn’t.
- You saw a Doctor who instructed you to not use it and take some anti-inflammatory – but they did nothing more than dull the Shoulder pain, until they wore off and they pain was the same.
- Your co-worker, or neighbor, told you that everybody gets Shoulder pain as we get older, so you just need to live with it.
- You sought out help from another Physical Therapist, Masseuse or other Healthcare Provider, but nothing they have done or recommended has worked.
- You’ve tried using things like CBD oils, ice packs or electrical stimulation but they’ve not given you any lasting relief from your pain.
- You took the advice that you should rest when you have severe shoulder pain, but it has not gone away and continues to bother you daily.
- You decided to have Cryo-therapy or get a massage hoping that would get rid of the pain – it felt good at the time but has not resolved your problem…
If any of these sound like what happened to you – we would love to help you out. I invite you to speak with one of our Shoulder-pain expert Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy in Rancho Santa Margarita. Learn what can be done to help you. If you have tried some of these things and they didn’t work, it may not be a bad thing because by ruling out what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding out what will!Arrange to speak with our Physical Therapist
A question that we here all the time is:
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Shoulder Pain, As Quickly As Possible?”…
So, here are a few things you can do:
- To start, you need to decide about getting help. Many people put it off way too long, thinking it will just go away if they give it enough time. Months later they are still dealing with it, nothing’s changed or it may have even gotten worse.
- Do the RIGHT exercises – not all exercises are created equal. The best exercise for Shoulder pain is dependent on what is causing the pain in the first place. Doing the wrong exercise may not help at all – worse yet it may make your Shoulder pain worse. Proper exercises given to you be a Physical Therapist will decrease your pain, improve your mobility and ensure that your pain does not return anytime soon.
- Minimize sitting or sleeping with bad posture – one of the worst things you can do is to sit for a long period of time with bad posture and little movement. You know how you feel when you first get out of bed in the morning or after sitting at your computer for a long time – you have a hard time moving because you are so stiff and tight. What would be really helpful is if you had the correct strengthening exercises that would help improve your posture and flexibility, combined with hands-on treatment, to get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “Hands-On” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with Shoulder pain and the sooner one gets help the faster they get back to normal, doing the things that matter to you. At Focus Physical Shoulder Pain is one of the most common injuries we see. If shoulder pain is affecting your life, your work, your family time – if it makes you feel less capable or confident – Physical Therapy can help you get back to living life your way, quickly
If you would like to know how the Shoulder Pain Specialized Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy have helped many people in Rancho Santa Margarita, Mission Viejo, Coto de Caza, Foothill Ranch and many other cities in our area ease your Shoulder pain – we invite you to start with a completely free Discovery Session, with no-obligation, at our practice:Apply for a Free Discovery Session
Note: This Free Discovery Session is something that we offer to people who are not sure if Physical Therapy is right for them – they don’t know what to expect, how long it will take or unsure of how it will benefit them. If that sounds like you, please start with a free Discovery Session so we can find the true cause of your pain and let you know what can be done about it – without any financial risk at all.
So The Question Is:
“How Will Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Focus Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Shoulder Pain – Sooner Than You Think?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly eliminate the pain and stiffness – usually within a couple of sessions.
- We can help you find out the real reason why you are having Shoulder pain once and for all – frequently inside 30 minutes
- Pain can make it difficult to sleep – taking away your energy – we can help you get a good night’s rest which will make y more energetic.
- We l make sure that you have the correct exercises for your problem, so your problem will be corrected, and you will he properly.
- We can help you stop taking all that medication that is not good for your health
- We can help you avoid risky shoulder surgery – and unpleasant injections
- We can help you stay away from the Doctor, from making repeated visits only to be given more medication
- We can help you get back to spending time with your family and friends like you want to do
- We can help you to reach overhead, sit more comfortably and get dressed without feeling that nagging shoulder pain..
Basically, we can help you get back to living life your way with confidence.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at Focus Physical Therapy, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear From Happy Clients of Focus Physical Therapy”
Please enjoy reading of other people just like you who came to see our expert Physical Therapist Team at Focus Physical Therapy - and soon left much healthier and happier:
“My experience at Focus has been nothing short of magnificent. I presented with a partial tear in my left rotator cuff of my shoulder with significant disability to the point that I feared surgery would be necessary because my shoulder was essentially frozen and the pain gently impacted my daily activities. Julian worked very closely with me and gradually over a period of several months I began to experience relief from the shoulder and an increase in my range of motion. Julian and all the staff were always very positive and encouraging during my therapy sessions. Julian persevered with a combination of various types of manipulation and stretches until I was able to realize significant improvement. I am extremely grateful to Julian and the rest of the Focus staff for all their efforts. It is a blessing to no longer have to deal with the pain from my shoulder and to have my range of motion that I was without for so long. In conclusion, I want to thank Julian and the Focus staff for allowing me to return to my previous quality of life!”
- Louis Alvarez
“I came in for shoulder impingement and rotator cuff tendinitis. Before PT I could barely move my arm and had limited range of motion. Julian and his staff were great and got me playing tennis again in 3-4 weeks. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks so much for getting me back on track. I feel better and stronger than before my injury.”
- Doreen Brinkman
“My shoulder has been deteriorating for years. It got to the point where I was in pain 24 hours a day. I could not function – could not sleep. I had surgery June 26th with 4 different procedures. I was not allowed to move at all for 6 weeks after surgery. I did not think I would ever be normal. However, with the help of Focus team, I am happy to say I am a new woman. I have NO pain - can do push-ups, play golf, and all the things I haven’t done for years. Thank you Julian and all the rest of the team. I am forever grateful!"
- Carol Chaffee